A few days ago, Kern Valley was previewed by Iain and we showed off his final shots, which always means that a release is close. Today, Orbx delivered on that promise, and have released Kern Valley (L05) for FSX, FSX:SE and P3D V1 – V3. The scenery has been developed by Jordan Gough and has been designed to ensure the sim runs as smoothly as possible whilst exploring the mountainous terrain.
Kern Valley is a great airport for GA flying as it provides a challenge unlike many airports. It has high elevation, a small runway and sits in blistering heat. As it’s in the Southern California region, it’s a great airport to fly in and out of whilst exploring the further reaches of the region.
Here’s the full feature list.
- Over 250 square kilometers of crisp 80cm imagery
- Sharp 30cm imagery used around the airport
- Accurate representation of Kern Valley Airport using real on site photos
- High resolution airport buildings and runways
- Animated trees around the airport that have almost zero impact on performance
- TextureFlow optimised = great FPS
- Amazing mountainous rural location
- Just a stones throw away from ORBX’s other much loved SCA airports