Orbx has introduced TrueEarth US Oregon for Prepar3D v4+ officially via their forums. The new scenery product will feature over 99 thousand square miles of hand-correct imagery covering the whole state in immense detail.
As with other TrueEarth scenery products, it will feature millions of accurately placed trees, buildings and over 480 custom created 3D points of interest to find across the varied landscape. For the VFR flyers out there, masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines and more are all present so that you can take flight across the environment at low and slow altitudes. The sharp and detailed mesh brings out great detail whilst exploring the region.
Key cities include Portland which has been faithfully recreated for maximum realism. Other key landmarks and places to explore is Hells Canyon, Eugene, Crater Lake and Mt Hood. You can see how vast the region is with TrueEarth US Oregon on the map below. A KMZ file has also been supplied on the Orbx forums so that you can see where places to explore are and the coverage area.
The forum post concluded that users can expect a release soon, along with the recently shown off TrueEarth US Washington for Prepar3D v4 and above.
If you’re an X-Plane 11 users, TrueEarth US Oregon is already available to buy and download from Orbx. (At the time of writing, it’s also on sale)
Orbx TrueEarth US Oregon for Prepar3D Feature List
- 99,291 square miles (257,163 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, aerial imagery
- 483 custom-modeled 3D POIs!
- Over 339 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- More than 2.5 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Significant buildings added to all major cities
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed Ultra-HD 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Beautiful summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting