We’ve known that Orbx have been working with Aerofly FS2 developers IPACs for a little while now and today, we’ve got a full preview of one of the first airports developed specifically for the 64-bit sim. Innsbruck is known for its beautiful terrain, vast amounts of housing and trees as well as a great transport system. As a result, it’s a dream place to fly for VFR. Since the release of FTX Innsbruck for FSX/P3D a few weeks ago, we’ve been really enjoying it. Now thanks to the in-game engine of Aerofly, Innsbruck has never looked so good on a PC.
“A new era”
Jarrad himself introduced the scenery and provided a HUGE number of screenshots justifying why he described this as a “new era” for flight sim.
Some of the key details of the scenery include the use of a sloped runway, accurate crash detection, new lighting, and outstanding performance. With the sim being built on new technology, VAS, stutters and frame rates aren’t something to worry about. Of course, those who love VFR flying will be pleased to know that the sim has been built with virtual reality in mind, so this will look and feel like you’re really there.
It will be fully previewed at the upcoming Flightsimcon event in June (we’ll be there) and will be released on June 15th. Those who already own the amazing scenery for FSX/P3D will be entitled to a lovely 40% discount through FTX Central 3 / Orbx Direct. Full price will be AUD$39.95 (€27, US$30, £23 approx.) or AUD$24 (€17, US$18, £14 approx.) at the discounted price.
The full feature list is as follows:
– Innsbruck Airport recreated in full HD detail
– Full 2500 square km coverage area
– Sloped runway! A key feature of AF FS2
– Ultra-crisp terrain textures. Defined mountains, roads and rivers all the way to the horizon, no more blurries.
– Incredible performance on even mid-range systems – far superior to FSX/P3D
– Amazing Virtual Reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness, best-in-class.
– Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains
– Complete autogen system – a major new feature previously unseen in AeroFly FS, expertly designed by the team at IPACS.
– Volumetric grass
– Crisp and accurate shadow engine
– Dozens of landmarks, POI and features, including two heliports.
– Stunning atmospheric engine perfectly suited to VFR flying.