Tweed New Haven (KHVN) will be coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator courtesy of Orbx. In their first product announcement of the year, developer Jordan Gough will be bringing the north-eastern US airport to the new simulator. Tweed New Haven is one of two airports in the Connecticut area which sees regular passenger traffic (the other being Bradley International Airport) and the airport offers a variety of flying opportunities. America Eagle and Southern Airways Express operate regular flights to the airport to parts of the US.
Jordan Gough from the Orbx indies team has recreated the airport using modern technology and comes bundled with plenty of photogrammetry imagery, detailed buildings and completely custom ground poly. Furthermore, Jordan has worked to ensure that the airport feels brimming with life with custom and functional ground series, static aircraft and full PBR support across the airport.
No release date was confirmed, but Orbx said to keep an eye on their forums for additional previews over the coming week. As always, FSElite will keep you updated when we know of a release.
- A true to life depiction of Tweed-New Haven Airport crafted from on-site photos
- The largest Orbx airport in the north-eastern USA to date
- Ultra HD airport buildings with meticulous attention to detail
- Fully functional ground services
- Native Microsoft ground poly in Full PBR
- Perfectly located inside an enormous photogrammetry region with spectacular detail
- Custom static aircraft & GSE created exclusively for KHVN
- Optimized for best performance
- Perfectly located for short flights to NYC, Boston and the entire north-east coast
- Made compatible for Microsoft Flight Simulator by Jordan Gough