Whilst many developers appear to have a strong focus on Microsoft Flight Simulator at the moment, Orbx are continuing to bring new content for Prepar3D users. The latest in their long-line of TrueEarth products for the simulator will take fans to Southern California in the US. TrueEarth US Southern California will build on the existing products from TrueEarth and bring over 79,000 square miles of aerial imagery, millions of placed trees and buildings and also over 760 custom points of interest to explore.
The coverage area of the region is vast with it including coverage to locations such as Death Valley, Palm Springs and even Santa Barbara. The region is a great backdrop for those looking to explore VFR across such a large area between numerous Orbx hand-crafted airports. All of the aerial imagery has been colour-corrected to match the surrounding area and scenery, and also includes night-lighting.
This is just the first preview of many coming from Orbx for the scenery package. We’ll bring you more details as and when we see them.
You can view the remaining previews over on the Orbx forums.
- Over 79,000 square miles (205,529 km²) of crisp aerial imagery
- 767 custom-modeled 3D POIs!
- Over 65 million accurately placed trees
- More than 11 million buildings
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed
- Includes 10-meter mesh
- Watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Beautiful summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting