Orbx John Venema announced in a forum post the imminent release of their Tacoma Narrows (KTIW) scenery for both Prepar3D and X-Plane 11.
Located in Washington State very close to Seattle, the scenery will cover the airfield of Tacoma Narrows itself and the immediate surroundings, including the Tacoma Narrows bridge that links Tacoma city and the Kitsap Peninsula – of which a previous example collapsed during a storm in 1940. The airport itself holds a 1,500m / 5,000 ft runway and welcomes general aviation and business traffic.
Tacoma Narrows is the first brand new product developed by the in-house UK team of Orbx that was recently put together. Judging by the screenshots, we can expect detailed 3D buildings, PBR materials, volumetric grass and overall extreme details that made the reputation of Orbx throughout the years.
Orbx Tacoma Narrows will be released simultaneously for Prepar3Dv4 and X-Plane 11 and will be available through Orbx Central. As it is now usual with Orbx, the release should happen very soon.
X-Plane 11 Screenshots
Prepar3D v4 Screenshots
- First new Orbx airport in Washington for many years!
- PBR implementation for both P3Dv4 and XP11
- Accurate modeling and superb textures
- Static aircraft, clutter and equipment
- Volumetric grass and HD trees
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge modeled
- Great GA airport location and a departure point for other Orbx airports in the area
- Debut airport from our new UK in-house team of developers