Orbx has confirmed they are bringing their rendition of Samedan Airport (LSZS) to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Developed by Andrea Hegi, the airport offers exciting and challenging approaches to the Swiss Alps airport. The airport features plenty of challenging conditions, especially during the winter months. Its location in the Engadin valley means you can expect unsettled winds, low visibility and other conditions designed to test your piloting skills.
The airport will feature details you would come to expect from an Orbx airport. This includes realistic HD texturing with the latest PBR technologies and various custom 3D buildings. Beyond the airport, there is a recreation of the villages of Samedan and St. Moritz, along with many custom hotels and churches to provide the best VFR experience for simmers.
The first previews from Orbx represent where the product currently is in development and we expect to see many more previews in the coming weeks before the release. We’ll let you know once we learn more about the airport.
You can see even more previews over on the official Orbx forums.
- Completely new version of the bestseller
- Located in the south east of Switzerland
- Full PBR UHD texturing
- Incredibly detailed, high definition rendition of Samedan Airport
- Scenic mountain landscape with glaciers, lakes and rivers all make stunning visual approaches
- Realistic HD textures created from on-site photography to provide the most immersive experience possible
- Includes the villages of Samedan and St. Moritz with many custom hotels and churches – perfect for the VFR fliers
- By Andreas Hegi