Orbx developer Rasha Tucakov (Dubrovnik/Belgrade/Pula) is working on Rijeka International Airport (LDRI) for Prepar3D v4+. The airport in Croatia sees a number of charter flights to destinations such as Belgrade, Sofia, Munich and Gatwick with airlines LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa and TUI. Since opening in the 1970s, the airport has seen increased tourism to the local beach resorts.
The airport product itself has been crafted completely custom by Rasha from the Orbx team. As described in the forum post, static aircraft, ground service equipment and landside vehicles have been created just for this product. Also throughout you will see detailed ground poly mapping, custom environment texturing and of course various PBR materials used for a scenic view of the airport.
As with many recent products released by Orbx, the airport will feature an extensive coverage area also with the port at Bakar and Kraljevica and the famous Krk Bridge, as well as the Omisalji oil facilities. Due to the extended coverage area included, flight simmers will get compatibility with or without Global Vector or openLC Europe.
The forum post concluded that the airport is due for a release soon. They are wrapping things up and new previews for the airport will be shared in due time. For now, you can see a variety of screenshots in this post as well as on their forums.
- Complete UHD depiction of Rijeka International Airport, Croatia
- Beautiful hand-crafted textures implementing advanced materials materials, including PBR and custom env maps
- Rijeka’s well-known Brutalist terminal modeled in full detail
- Extensive coverage area at 50cm, encompassing parts of Rijeka, Krk Island and approaches
- Incredible unique static aircraft & GSE created exclusively for this airport
- Extended coverage area including custom DEM, re-worked coastlines, roads, landclass and more
- Animated GSE and carpark vehicles
- Dozens of POI, including the famous Krk Bridge
- Hand-placed autogen & complete seasonal variations
- Stunning dynamic & baked night lighting
- A 747-capable airport, host to most European leisure airlines
- A short hop to other Orbx favourites such as Dubrovnik, Belgrade, Pula & Innsbruck
- Designed for P3Dv4 & P3Dv5 to blend seamlessly with Global Base, also works with openLC Europe
- Carefully optimized for very high performance, even with high-end aircraft.
- The latest from acclaimed developer Rasha Tucakov (Dubrovnik/Belgrade/Pula)