Orbx has today announced the upcoming release of Landmarks Paris for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new announcement follows on from the recent confirmation of Landmarks Singapore and release of Landmarks London. The new product will enhance the French city of Paris with 200 new points of interest and highly detailed landmarks.
Orbx says that the product will strike the “perfect balance between quality and performance,” whilst ensuring that the city’s unique charm and characteristics shine in the simulator. Famous landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower are joined by a large variety of other standout buildings such as various hotels and business centres across the city. Not only with Landmarks Paris include various landmarks, but the scenery product will enhance the terraformation of the land and help to correct riverbank heights throughout for a seamless experience. Custom orthoimagery will also be included to fix areas that are currently blurry in the default simulator.
The release for Landmarks Paris looks to be in early January 2021 and other Landmarks product from Orbx will be revealed over the coming weeks. You can see a variety of previews here or more in their forums.
In related news, Orbx will be releasing TrueEarth Canary Islands on December 26th 2020.
- 15 high-detail custom landmarks including Notre Dame, Panthéon, The Centre Pompidou, École Militaire, and Église Saint-Sulpice
- 200 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- External night lighting for all default landmark objects, including Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, and Grand Palaise
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Flattening of the Seine River and correcting riverbank heights
- Custom orthoimagery patches across the city to cover the blurred-out military areas in the default simulator