Orbx has surprisingly revealed that they are working on an all-new CityScene product. The next in the long-line of CityScene products will be Charleston. Situated in South Carolina, the city is known for its historic and cultural buildings, plantations and other points of interest. In 2016, it was voted “World’s Best City”.
The product is a continuation of the technology built for other areas such as Orlando and Barcelona and populates the area with thousands of custom placed buildings, trees and other landmarks to explore. Included points of interest include the Pink House, Charleston City Hall and various sports stadiums. In total, there are 41 points of interest to find. The scenery will also include seasonal support.
Also included in the package is a variety of airports. This includes Charleston International Airport, along with Charleston Executive Airport, Mount Pleasant Aiport, SC65 and SC06 airports. They aren’t to the same detailed standard from payware airports, but they do include custom models, satellite imagery and animated people.
No firm release date or pricing was set, but the product is due soon.
- Large 1150 sq km scenery coverage area with full seasonal satellite imagery.
- 5 airports in coverage area (1 international, 2 regional, 2 private)
- 41 custom POI buildings/objects created for Charleston Scenery Area
- No Autogen buildings used
- Over 340,000 custom commercial and residential buildings with appropriate regional textures.
- Over 3,500 library objects placed from FSX, P3D and Orbx Libraries.
- Over 25,000 railroad boxcars and shipping containers.
- Over 80,000 night lights.
- Over 4,000,000 accurately placed autogen trees.
WHAT IS CITYSCENE?
- Highly detailed city and urban landscapes brought to life
- Accurate and detailed buildings that go far beyond the limitations of the P3D autogen system
- Realistic photoreal/satellite orthoimagery base
- Dense and highly-accurate vegetation placement
- Road traffic, vector, mesh (DEM) and landclass where required
- Full 5 seasons (where applicable) and complete night lighting
- Important POI, landmarks and features modeled