Orbx is continuing their scenery products for the United Kingdom with Edinburgh Airport (EGPH)
Orbx and their in-house team Gaya Simulations have announced a full rendition of the busiest airport in Scotland, Edinburgh Airport (EGPH) for both Prepar3d V4 and X-Plane. With most Orbx scenery products being announced, you can expect a quick release shortly after. This version of Edinburgh is the most up-to-date rendition which includes the old runway 12/30 which closed in March of 2018. From small trees, all the way to the terminal building, everything has 3D modeling. You can also expect small details such as GSE (Ground Service Equipment) scattered around the airport that brings the entire airport to life.
Keep an eye on the iconic Air Traffic Control tower to see its powerful purple tones during the sunsets. As Scotlands busiest airport, be sure to expect a wide variety of airlines and aircraft flying into and out of the airport. From flights to and from the Middle-East to short shuttle hopes around the United Kingdom or mainland Europe. Utilized certain P3Dv4 features, dynamic lighting, and SODE jetways come standard to increase the immersion even more and bring the airport to life at night. Edinburgh is designed to flow with Orbx’s very own EU Scotland to make a beautiful approach no matter what direction you arrive from.
Head over to the Orbx Forums to read the entire announcement post and view more previews and to stay up-to-date on the development. No release nor price has been set yet, but Orbx CEO, John Venema stated, the release is “imminent“. The scenery will be available for both P3Dv4 and X-Plane 11.
- Up-to-date rendition of Edinburgh airport in its current real-world state
- High-resolution orthoimagery surrounding the airport
- Detailed and performance-friendly 3D modelling for the airport and beyond
- Superb ground textures with environmental wear-and-tear for that realistic effect
- Fire station, hotels and offices all fully modelled with impressive detailing
- Dynamic lighting across the whole airport bringing the airport at night to life
- Impressive rendering of the iconic ATC tower at Edinburgh complete with accurate lighting during night
- PBR materials used across the airport, with wet texture appearance during rainy weather
- SODE jetways to make it easy to connect to your aircraft at aircraft stands
- Developed by GayaSimulations, known for their EGNX East Midlands Airport