X-Plane aircraft and scenery developer, Nimbus Simulation Studios has released their latest aircraft, the Britten Norman Islander BN-2.
The BN-2 Islander is a British twin-engined, high wing aircraft, powered by Lycoming piston engines and can carry up to 9 passengers or 1.3 tonnes of cargo over a distance of 875 miles. The aircraft operates in all areas of the world including island hopping in the Caribbean, bush flying throughout Africa and the worlds shortest scheduled flight of 1.7 miles from Westray to Papa Westray in northern Scotland.
Nimbus Simulation Studios has included many features in their recreation of the light utility aircraft for X-Plane including a detailed 3D model, 4K high-resolution textures with full PBR and quality reflections and a fully custom sound system. The aircraft also includes a maintenance module where you are able to fix any issues that may arise through general wear and tear, engine degradation and other stresses that affect the performance of the aircraft as time goes on.
If you would like to purchase the Nimbus Islander BN-2 for X-Plane, you can find it over on the X-Plane store for £34.95 incl. VAT.
- Highly detailed 3D model
- 4K textures
- Full PBR textures for quality refection
- 3D custom sound system
- Animated switches
- Rattling and vibrations
- Accurate handling and flight characteristics
- Accurate performance based on performance charts
- Realistic night lighting with custom lights and textures
- VR ready (includes yoke manipulator)
- Ice buildup visual effect
- 8 liveries and more to come
- Maintenance module
- Weight and balance module
- Doors and ground accessories menu
- Performance chart window
- Controls position indicator