Navigraph has released a major update for their Navigraph Charts iPad app.
Available to pilots in the flight simulation community who have a Navigraph account and active subscription, the app offers updated Jeppesen IFR charts on iPads (running iOS 10 or higher).
The update includes new procedure visualization, allowing pilots to use the SID, STAR, and approach overviews to find appropriate procedures to match their routing. The new chart overlay feature allows users to put geo-referenced procedure charts on top of enroute charts, providing increased situational awareness.
The update also includes route calculation features, intelligent procedure selectors, and SimBrief integration – meaning pilots can now transfer their latest operation flight plan with one click.
The iPad app works in conjunction with a suite of Navigraph Charts software that can be installed on both Windows and Mac desktop computers, Android tablets, and be run in most web browsers. The software can connect to FSX, X-Plane, and P3D via provided software.
The app is available in the Apple App Store.
New to this version:
- Procedure visualization: Use the SID, STAR and Approach overviews to find suitable procedures that match the routing.
- Chart overlay: Put geo-referenced procedure charts on top of the enroute chart for increased situational awareness.
- Route calculation: Easy to use route calculator which handles North Atlantic Tracks (NAT) and Free Route Airspace (FRA).
- Intelligent procedure selectors: Logical filtering and sorting the lists of SIDs, STARs and Approaches based on your route’s runways and transition points.
- SimBrief integration: Link your SimBrief account and transfer your latest Operational Flight Plan (OFP) from SimBrief with one click.