We’ve only just finished putting together our review for MKStudios’ Fuerteventura 2017, but the team have worked hard on creating their latest scenery: Tenerife Vol. 1. Tenerife Vol. 1 includes much more than just the airport, as you’ll be able to explore the entire island thanks to the multiple custom objects, monuments and other points of interest scattered thoughout. The high resolution, photo real ground textures (2048px) have been optimized for best use in P3DV4.
One of the more exciting elements of flying to Tenerife is passing by Mount Teide. It eclipses the whole island at 12,198ft tall, meaning you’ll have to keep an eye on your approach to ensure clearance as you descend into the sunny Canary Island.
Other features include 3D night lighting, realistic approach lights, custom high resolution mesh, SODE jetways and a VGDS docking system. MK Studios has also worked hard on ensuring that the frame rates remain high throughout the scenery for the best experience.
The reason it is titled Vol. 1 is because MKStudios will be releasing the next part to Tenerife in 2018 which will include a detailed version of Tenerife North airport. This will cost less than €10 upon release.
For now, MKStudios Tenerife Vol. 1 is Prepar3D V4 exclusive, but will be ported to P3DV3 and FSX in January / early February 2018 (for free). You can watch the official trailer here!
You can buy it now from the MK Studios webstore for €26.00. It will be available on SimMarket in the future.
- Fully detailed rendition of Tenerife South airport and island,
- Many monuments and custom objects around the island,
- High resolution ground textures (2048×2048 pixels) optimized specially for P3D V4,
- Photo real terrain coverage of all island,
- Custom high resolution (5m) mesh,
- 3D night lightning,
- Very realistic night lighting, based on real pilot’s point of view,
- Dynamic Lightning (P3D V4),
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and on the ground,
- Optimized to take advantages of new P3D V4 features,
- Compatible to all major traffic add-ons,
- SODE jetways supported,
- Simple VGDS docking system,
- Vector data addons comaptibility.
VOL. 1 of the scenery includes all the island with photoscenery and custom high definition mesh. However it comes without detailed GCXO North airport (only afcad + simple buildings ini vol.1). Detailed North airport will be included in product VOL. 2 to be released in 2018.