The weekly Microsoft Flight Simulator update has been released, and this week, we get an update on the Partnership Series, the next Alpha build, and more.
Starting off, the team has given a preview to what the next Partnership Series update will include. The next update includes the announcement of a partnership with NAVBLUE, meteoblue, and FlightAware. The team has also said that a timeline for this update will be released next week, and that the delay is due to the current world crisis. This is estimated to come out in May or June.
Episode 8 of the Feature Discovery Series, IFR, is still slated to come out in May.
The team is targeting next weeks update to provide on the work being done to the SDK.
The next build for the Alpha is going to be version 1.3.X.X and will be including the Boeing 747 for community testing. The team is wrapping up the final testing for the upcoming build and is expected to be released within the next 7-10 days. The team will provide detailed build notes once the next build is released.
- MAY – Alpha Build 1.3.X.X
- Build currently in final testing phase.
- Content update to include the Boeing 747 for community testing.
- Full build notes to be posted upon release.
The team is also currently finishing up step 1 of the Alpha invitations and is beginning to transition over to step 2. New invites will go out 1.3.X.X.
- Ensure that everyone that received an acceptance email has access to the Alpha.
- STATUS – Performing final pass.
- Assess Alpha participation options for adding more people as quickly as possible.
- Prioritize access for those that registered early for pre-release build testing.
- STATUS – New invites will be sent with the release of build 1.3.X.X.
Next update is scheduled for May 7th. Be sure to check Microsoft’s feeds for more info, and we will be sure to update everyone on the latest updates as well.