Despite a delay earlier in the week, Microsoft has released patch #5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new patch sees a variety of changes and improvements, including the long-awaited removal of “Press any key to start”.
The new version, available to download now, includes changes to aircraft, the UI, how the weather is handled along with other quality of life changes. Starting with aircraft, the update improves the sensitivity of control surfaces in a number of aircraft including the TBM 930, the Cessna 152 and the Cessna 172. Also improved for the aircraft is how the autopilot behaves in several aircraft including the Boeing 747-8. Despite these changes, there is still a patch note regarding VNAV overshooting issue when climbing.
Users will also have an improved UI experience with the ability to now switch between Metric and US standard units, and the ability to enable/disable TrackIR from the camera panel during flight. Finally, cockpit tooltips can now be switched on/off via the accessibility options menu.
The world has also seen improvements too, with motion blur now being added improvements to night lighting and water reflections being adding during the dark hours. Finally, if you did fancy exploring the giant hole in Brazil, you’re now out of luck as Microsoft has literally patched this to bring the sunken airport back to a more normal level.
Other standout points from the extensive changelog include the fact leaderboard scores should now track properly and owners of the recently released Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition will have native support directly in the simulator.
Patch #5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator is available to download now from the Microsoft Store, which will then continue updating once you reboot up the simulator.
To find out more, you can read it on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator blog post.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Patch #5 (v220.127.116.11)
- Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
- Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
- Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
- Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
- Fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
- Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
- Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
- Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes
- Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch
- Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
- Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
- The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
- Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu
- Metar data refresh issue has been fixed
- Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
- We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded
- Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
- Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
- Fix input values when using deadzones
- All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards
- Quality of life updates for the marketplace
- Motion blur has been added
- New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented
- The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
- Night lighting has been improved
- Water night reflections have been added
- Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed
- VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take off and re engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
- The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glide slope as you get close to the airport
- Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
- Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game
- UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear
You can leave feedback on various topics here.