Matt Davies has released version 2.60 of the PTA tool which will allow you to download and install into Prepar3D v4.1. As already mentioned, there are some new features which has been added with the latest update – all of which are detailed below.
Some new features are:
- – P3D v4.1 Compatibility
- – No popcorn tweak has been completely rewritten. The old algorithm which worked in v3 doesn’t render correctly in v4 resulting in grey clouds within a close proximity to your viewpoint
- – Alternate tone map tweak has been improved – this basically stops clouds from being too bright when you have bloom set using HDR
- – Separate lighting adjustments for aircraft externally and internally – now you can adjust the lights for the VC separately to the external model
- – Added an adjustable parameter to reduce cloud brightness at varying stages of the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)
- – Added a new tweak which allows separate adjustment of HDR bloom during the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)
It is also worth noting that all presets from PTA 2.5X are also compatible with version 2.60 of PTA.
If you don’t already, you can buy the great tool from the SimTweaks website for £14.99. Of course, this is a free update for those who already own it.