John Venema from ORBX has updated the community with a HUGE range of topics that are currently on-going at ORBX HQ. I will briefly summarise each below, but you can check out the full thread over at the ORBX forums.
FTX Central V2.1 Migration
Orbx recently updated FTX Central to sync up all of your Orbx scenery so you don’t have to keep chopping and changing scenery. However, out of the 8,000 people who have updated, 1-2% have had some issues. Orbx delivering as usual have been working hard on a diagnostics tool to help people understand what the issues are, and what Orbx need to do to fix it.
It’s coming along nicely and an update will be inbound soon.
P3Dv3 Airport Ports
This is nearly done, and the last of the airports will soon be with us. Remember that this is probably the last time we’ll get free installer updates.
OpenLC North America
Beta testing is going well, with everything matching Google Maps very well. Their new night lighting will also come packed with the installer, which will also update OpenLC NA Alaska/Canada.
If you’ve already purchased NA Alaska/Canada, then you’ll be entitled to an AU$22.50 discount for the rest of the US. Not bad, not bad.
FTX Central V3 and OrbxDirect Store
Until the issues with FTX Central V2.1 are resolved, we won’t see any movement here. John has promised that until he is personally happy there’s no issues, we won’t see any changes to the current purchase system.
Even though an August release was expected, it could slip until September / October time just to make sure everything is working.
Orbx FTX Vector 1.40 Update
A rather large update for FTX Vector has been released. Here’s the change log:
- New option in config tool to disable FTX AU
- Removed a street from a runway (KSEA)
- Fixed corrupt watermasses at N59.02 E37.68
- Fixed bridges at N55.99 W3.41
- Fixed coastline issues at TNCM
- Added missing highway connection at N45.39 W63.32
- Fixed a sunken river at N40.84 W77.82
- Fixed incorrect coastline under runway (PAOT)
- Fixed bridges at N36.01 W114.74
- Removed streets moving through airport area at N52.29 E004.74
- Added missing island (Middleton Island) in Alaska
- Fixed KSLE which was partly under water
- Fixed KMDT which was partly under water
- Fixed a few broken bridges aroun Huntigton (USA)
- Added Meighs Parks (USA)
- Fixed incomplete Nile river
- Added missing beaches south of LAX
- Added missing reservoirs in Spain at N42.60 W001.12
- Added missing lake at N50.52 E12.58
- Added missing lake at N53.68 E10.75
- Added various missing reservoirs in Europe
- Fixed numerous airports (or coastlines) to better fit the coastline (or airport layout)
- Added missing islands at the great lakes
- Added missing harbour at the great lakes
- Fixed some anomalies at the great lakes
- Removed streets crossing runways/taxiways at EHAM
Get your wallets ready, as Orbx are preparing to continue delivering a range of amazing scenery over the next few months. We can expect:
- openLC NA
- FTX Germany North
- LDDU Dubrovnik
- ENNK Narvik
- YMML V3
- L05 Kern Valley SCA
- KBSA Santa Barbara
- FTX BuildingsHD
- Cityscape Cote ‘dzur
Phew, a lot of information, but should tie us over for a few months.
Any updates, keep an eye on FSElite and we will keep you informed.