Following on from the early access release of their Manchester Airport, Macco Simulations has released their next airport product for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This time the team heads to the Midlands in the UK and has developed Birmingham Airport (EGBB) and has released it, again, under the early access banner. Birmingham Airport is the seventh busiest in the UK with various airlines visiting destinations across Europe and beyond. The runway is known to pilots for having an uneven surface, making landings and takeoffs a little more interesting, especially when the A380 touches down.
Relatively new developer Macco Simulations has continued to refine their development skills since their Manchester Airport release and has included what they have learned into this product. That includes custom taxi lines and markings, custom created PBR textures and also specifically designed 3D models and objects. In addition, the team has ensured there is accurate custom night lighting, runway wig-wags and other immersive lighting unique to the airport.
Macco Simulations has promised additional free updates during the early access period including custom jetways and more. If their Manchester Airport release is anything to go on, then expect frequent and substantial updates.
- Custom taxi lines and markings
- PBR textures created from scratch and used throughout the airport
- Custom models developed specifically for MSFS2020
- Accurate and custom night lighting +Additional immersive lighting such flashing lights
- Accurate taxiways and taxiway signs based on latest charts
- Accurate approaches and ILS Glide Slopes
- Runway warning lights (wig-wags)
- Free future updates
- Custom Jetways (In future update)
- Latest VATSIM compatible taxiways and ground markings