Prepar3D V4.5 was released a few weeks back, which brought a range of improvements to the simulator. Today, Lockheed Martin has released Hotfix 1 for Prepar3D V4.5 (126.96.36.199293). The hotfix addresses numerous community reported problems such as performance issues, an issue with a crash during re-enabling of Virtual Reality and also an error with PBR textures when first entering a vehicle.
As per the instructions on the Prepar3D website, you first must uninstall the current Prepar3D V4 client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. You can then download the Client installer via your downloads section. Whilst the fixes for the hotfix are found mostly in the client download, you may also want t0 download Content and Scenery installers also for those fixes. If you’d prefer, you can also download a full version of Prepar3D V4.5.
For more information please view the Prepar3D v4 Download and Installation Directions.
It should be noted that some developers may require an update to their product before you will be able to use it correctly with the new update installed. Please use caution when updating before reading if your products will work with version P3D V188.8.131.52293.
You can read the full post over on the Prepar3D blog post. Additionally, you may want to read our interview with Lockheed Martin’s Adam Breed as part of our Developer Month series.
Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix 1 Change Log
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed performance issues seen on some systems and configurations.
- Fixed issue where the interpolated wind direction value would be invalid in some cases.
- Added configuration option to toggle UI hardware acceleration mode (UIHardwareAcceleration).
- Fixed crash when re-enabling Virtual Reality (VR) while using the Oculus headset.
- Fixed crash that could occur in some cases after a plugin removed its textures from the system.
- Varjo eye tracking is now supported.
- Improved performance when using the Varjo headset.
- Fixed issue where CreateEffect callbacks would not be issued unless both xyz and pbh offsets were present.
- CIGI ownship ID now set to 0 for versions prior to CIGI 4.0.
- Fixed error with empty EntityAffiliation tags being written out in saved scenarios.
- Fixed issue where sound volume could be incorrect when switching between interior and exterior views.
- Fixed issue where PBR textures could be black in interior views when first entering a vehicle.
- Fixed incorrect unit conversions for camera eyepoint altitude P variables.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed missing PBR texture in F-16A.
- Removed light scaling from beacon effects.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Increased beacon light visibility distance.
SDK Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the PBRMaterial’s effectFile property would not be updated during load.
- Fixed an issue where 3ds Max exports would throw material mismatch errors when P3DMaterial and PBRMaterial were being used in the same scene.
- Fixed issue with drawing and loading Annotator vegetation polygons.
- Fixed several minor errors in documentation.