Lockheed Martin has released Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1. The new hotfix addresses many issues such as cloud issues with Enhanced Atmospherics, rendering issues and other weather-related issues.
Looking at the changelog of client fixes and improvements, Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) seems to have a large number of changes based on feedback. Issues with cloud aliasing have been reduced, along with flashing clouds, and shadow flashing. Furthermore, there has been additional configuration options to how clouds are generated. Other fixes include changes to fog/haze implementation, ambient lighting and also how some forms of vegetation is drawn in the simulator.
You can download the newly released hotfix for Prepar3D v5.1 from the Prepar3D website. A full download of Prepar3D v5.1 will need to be downloaded and the hotfix will be included. (Update: You can also download the client and scenery installers to grab the hotfix. The majority of the changes can be found in the client installer).
As usual, various third-party add-ons may need an update to be compatible with the new hotfix. For reference, the new Prepar3D version number is 18.104.22.168829.
Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1 Changelog
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Multiple rendering system stability improvements.
- Reduced cases of cloud aliasing with Enhanced Atmospherics.
- Fixed issue that caused legacy clouds to flash in some cases.
- Fixed issue that could cause shadow flashing at higher framerates.
- Improved transparent object sorting.
- Fixed issue causing particles to flash in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing ambient lighting to appear too dark at high altitudes.
- Fixed issue causing HTML5 windows including the ATC and SimConnect menu to be placed offscreen in VR.
- Added CIGI option to hide the user aircraft model.
- Removed content error report when accessing invalid index in GetPayloadStationName.
- Fixed issue preventing parts of vegetation from drawing in some cases.
- Added additional configuration options to the VolumetricClouds.cfg and updated several default cloud values.
- Fixed crash that could occur when SimObjects were removed if AdaptiveSimGroupEnable was enabled.
- Updated HTML5 ATC to hide message log if setting is checked.
- Fixed issue where the Weather screen would ignore the first change made to weather settings if a theme was selected.
- Added aux camera to HMD emulator allowing XYZ and PBH control on the emulated headset.
- Fixed invalid fog/haze values from being applied to objects in singlepass view mode.
- Fixed issue preventing auto exposure from functioning correctly in VR.
- Fixed issue where time would not progress when checking UTC time in UI.
- Showing time as UTC in the UI is now saved between sessions.
- Fixed cases where search bar would be cut off in Controls UI screens.
- Fixed issue causing single pass to be disabled when switching views in some cases.
- Fixed issue preventing StoppingDistanceFeet from converting units correctly in SimDirector.
- Fixed issue that could cause legacy cloud colors to invert if HDR was active in some cases.
- Fixed issue preventing dialog popups from showing when display driver crashes in some cases.
- Fixed issue preventing the title in the SimConnect HTML5 window from updating when changed.
- Fixed crash when deserializing DIS Transimitter PDUs.
- Added SimDirector VirtualRealityTrigger that can be set to fire when VR is enabled or disabled.
- Added SimDirector ActionExecutionFilter that can be set to only allow actions to fire if VR is active or not active.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed various building, vegetation, and vehicle models that would blend incorrectly with clouds.
- Fixed invalid materials in several vegetation models.
- Fixed issue that could vehicles to crash with jetways.
- Updated various airports including W24, KRCW, OMAW, CYUL, and WAVGV5.