Leonardo Softhouse has released the MD-83/88 expansion pack to their popular FlythemaddogX MD-82 series. The new expansion pack includes both the MD-83 and MD-88 in a single package. Users will get to experience the longer range and higher density variants of the Maddog in affluent detail.
The expansion pack is more than just a visual update as it brings along with it the specific features and functionality the two aircraft types have. From the added engine option (JT8D-219) and accurate flight dynamics, it feels and looks like the real thing. Furthermore, additional equipment such as more fuel tanks and the fuel balance system ensures that you’re flying just as they do in the real world.
Just as the recent update added to the base pack, the expansion pack will also include the advanced icing model with visible effects on the external model and also impact the aerodynamics of your aircraft. Also, PBR texturing has been applied to these aircraft which is in addition to the new liveries included with the expansion. You can view the entire list of features and additions at the end of this article.
- JT8D-219 engines option with specific and accurate flight dynamics.
- Additional fuel tanks and Aux Fuel Pump system for the MD-83, with an accurate burning schedule.
- Automatic fuel balance system.
- Updated load manager tool for fuel/load and route planning.
- Updated MD-83 and MD-88 virtual cockpit, with specific MD-83 and MD-88 systems, instruments and switches.
- Advanced icing simulation with visible visual effects on the external model.
- PBR (Physically-Based Rendering) liveries (requires P3D v4.4 or above).
Included Additional Paint Schemes
- HB-ISX Swiss (MD-83)
- EI-CEP Avianca (MD-83)
- EC-FOF Iberia (MD-88)
- EC-FLN Aviaco (MD-88)