Announced less than a year ago, the Italian development team Leonardo SH surprised the community by announcing a reboot edition of their popular Maddog aircraft. At the time, that version was a highly detailed aircraft supporting study level attributes. It didn’t hold up in today’s world and so it was decided to bring it to the modern era. As of today, the Fly the Maddog X MD-82 is now available to buy from SimMarket.
The aircraft itself comes with a vast range of features, failures and other unique elements to create an extremely realistic rendition of the plane. When installed, you will get to enjoy high quality HAD textures in the cockpit, an immersive sound set, a realistic flight model and loads of ways to interact with the plane. Whether you want to perform a standard flap take off or use the dial-a-flap, then you can. You can also set items to be unavailable meaning you’ll have to adapt your SOPs accordingly. The aircraft comes with 8 detailed liveries from all corners of the globe.
You can buy the Leonardo SH Fly the Maddog X from SimMarket now. It comes in two versions depending on the sim you use.
If you use FSX or P3DV3, then you will need the 32-bit version. This will retail usually at €57.00 (excluding tax).
If you use P3DV4, then you will need the 64-bit version. This will retail usually at €70.00 (excluding tax). The 64-bit version will also come packaged with TFDi Design’s True Glass and Real Light.
As a special promotion for release, both products are currently on offer with a €5 discount!
If you owned the legacy product, then you’ll be entitled to €5 off in the future. No further details on this offer have been confirmed yet. As a result, you’re best off taking the initial discount if you want to buy it sooner than later.
The full feature list and minimum requirements are below:
Fly the Maddog X includes:
- 7 outstanding detailed liveries in 4K resolution: American Airlines (N9405T), Alitalia (I-DAVD), Delta (N904DL), Laser (YV2923), Meridiana (I-SMER), SAS (LN-RMR), and the McDonnell Douglas (N501MD) special livery in which the very first built MD-82 was painted.
- Highly detailed virtual cockpit and exterior model, fully animated and rendered with 4K highly detailed textures;
- Built in view system for 3D camera views and 2D panels;
- Complete CM-1 and CM-2 panels with functional separated instruments;
- Real cockpit sounds, recorded in the real aircraft Every switch has his own sound and all the cockpit environment is reproduced in very high fidelity. A true to life, immersive experience;
- Dual/multiple systems simulation (DFGS, FD, CADC, EFIS, AHRS, FMS) with switching between dual systems;
- FMS – FMS – Flight Management System with dual independent CDUs;
- DFDR – Digital Flight Data Recorder;
- TCAS – Traffic Collision Avoidance System;
- WAGS – Windshear Alert and Guidance System;
- EGPWS – Enhanced Ground proximity Warning System;
- ACARS system (requires HiFi ActiveSky 3rd part add-on);
- Weather Radar (requires HiFi ActiveSky or REX Advantage 3rd part add-ons);
- Full electrical system simulation including working overhead breakers;
- Full hydraulic system with working engine, auxiliary and transfer pumps etc.;
- Full pneumatic system;
- Auto/Manual pressurization system and cockpit environment control;
- Optimum flap system (dial a flap);
- Antiskid system;
- ABS – Autobrake System;
- Full dimmable cockpit lightning and backlighting; realistic atmospheric effects on windshield (rain, snow, ice) with TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass technology (64 bit version only);
- Very accurate flight model and engine parameters;
- Realistic failures and automatic failure generator;
- Management of inoperative systems in accordance with MEL (Minimum Equipment List);
- Load manager and route/fuel planner application;
- Customized dynamic lights and effects taken from real footage. From the shape of the light beams to the shape of the touchdown smoke or engine wash and smoke, everything is custom made to reflect the real airplane;
- Compatible with GSX, FS2Crew and Navigraph AIRAC and procedures updates for the FMS.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- 32bit edition (FSX/P3D v3.4): I3 CPU or equivalent, 4Gb RAM, 2Gb GPU, Windows 7.
- 64bit edition (P3D v4.1/v4.2): I5 CPU or equivalent, 8Gb RAM, 4Gb GPU, Windows 7 64 bit