While we loved Leonardo’s FlytheMaddogX in our recent review of it, we certainly had a few gripes with the product. Today, many of those have been addressed along with the usual bug fixes and revisions you’d expect from an update to a relatively new aircraft.
First off, there are some changes to the MCDU, exterior model, manuals, and panels. The exterior has had the mapping of the APU exhaust port mapping fixed, and a smoother flap animation added. The MCDU has gotten some love as well and has been updated to version PS4058350911 of the operating system. For those of you experiencing issues with VNAV, today your problems have been solved with the VNAV descent logic getting a complete rework, fixing the descent profile calculation along with the vertical deviation indicator, as well as various other minor logic fixes. Various systems have also been fixed and/or improved, such as the correct startup time for the engines now being implemented. An issue with the mouse scroll wheel repeatedly toggling has also been resolved. To reflect the changes this new version brings, the manuals have been updated as well.
Onto the more exciting bit; the new features! A highly requested feature, pause at top of descent, has been added and can be accessed from the MaddogX entry in the addon menu. Support for Mark Foti’s Remote CDU has also been added that will surely please those who use it! An option in the Load Manager has been added that will allow you to toggle between dynamic and legacy lighting for the external flood lights, which is great news for those who find the performance hit of dynamic lighting to be too much for their system. The load manager has also been updated with new features such as a new activation logic, an option to disable TrueLight separately from TrueGlass, as well as an option to display a text message in-sim when a random failure is armed or triggered. The MCDU continues to receive new features, such as added handling constraints, an added ‘gates’ option for the POS page, and a correct calculation of OPT ALT in the FMS CRZ page. Finally, there have been added inside and outside wing views for the left and right wing as well as an option in the load manager to have the internal floodlights use the P3D fx engine (dynamic lighting) instead of TrueLight.
This update has been long awaited and is sure to please everyone from the diehard Maddog drivers to those who only occasionally fly it when they get the itch to. A full changelog can be found below, and the update itself can be grabbed from your Simmarket account via a new installer which will replace the previous version’s.
– Exterior model: fixed mapping of the apu exhaust port.
– Exterior model: smoother flap animation.
– Manuals: updated manuals to reflect new changes in version 1.1.0.
– MCDU: upgraded MCDU operating system to PS4058350911.
– MCDU: reworked VNAV descent logic, descent profile calculation, vertical deviation indicator.
– Panel: fixed/improved systems, including correct engine startup timing.
– Panel: fixed issue of mouse wheel repeating toggling in 3+ position switches.
– General: added pause at TOD (from the MaddogX in addon menu).
– General: added support for Mark Foti’s ‘Remote CDU’.
– Exterior model: added in Load Manager the option for external flood lights for switching between dynamic lights/legacy lights/off.
– Load Manager: RealLight setting in Load Manager will now disable just RealLight (TrueGlass can be disabled from its own addon menu inside the sim).
– Load Manager: resetting the activation in Load Manager now automatically unlocks the transaction in Leonardo customer database server, allowing a new installation.
– Load Manager: added an optional feature within the failure page to have a text message displayed, inside sim, when a random failure is armed or triggered.
– MCDU: added handling of constraint above/below (i.e. 8000A12000B).
– MCDU: added ‘gates’ for ‘init pos’ in ‘POS’ page.
– MCDU: added correct calculation of ‘OPT ALT’ in ‘FMS CRZ’ page.
– Panel: added left/right mouse clicks for rotating knobs (where applicable, exception are SPD, HDG and ALT knobs).
– Panel: added the option in Load Manager for having internal flood lights using the P3D4 fx engine, instead of True Light (P3DV4 only). Selecting this option will also add the ‘alt thndr’ and ‘floor’ lights to the VC. Please read the manual about how to use this feature.
– Views: added inside/outside wing views for left and right wing (subcategory: Aircraft).