LatinVFR continues to release new products for Microsoft Flight Simulator, with their latest being AREX Europe. Building on the release of the North American version, this version focuses on Europe, Russia and also the Arctic.
The utility add-on includes logos and skins for most of Europe’s ground handling and catering companies and injects realistic-looking vehicles into airports in the region. This includes push back trucks, airport traffic and service equipment such as the ground power unit. Further to the replacement of ground service equipment looks, customised sounds for animations have also been added to the vehicles. The exact companies included with this product wasn’t specified, but we can see from the screenshots that the likes of Swissport, Aeroflot, Royal Mail, LSG and Air BP are all included.
It is worth noting that the plan is for AREX to work in conjunction with GSX by FSDreamTeam for Microsoft Flight Simulator and this is not a replacement tool for that type of add-on.
- Replacement of ground services vehicles with customized and more realistic for the region at ALL airports in all Europe.
- Customized sounds of the different engines and animation situations.
- 7 regions of Europe independently customized, Artic, the UK, France, Mediterranean West, Europe Germanic, Mediterranean East, and Russia.
- Different logos for the companies that provide airport services in Europe.
- Realistic catering truck used in the regions, with the logos of the most important airport catering companies.
- Customized push back truck depicting regional companies.
- Customized and regional types of vehicle traffic, that make the airport environment more realistic and according to vehicles used in the region.
- Uses the default system of calling ground services, no external apps or files needed.
- No negative impact on performance.