After our exclusive announcement earlier this week, LatinVFR has released its new AREX: Airport Regional Environment X North America for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new utility pack adds new custom liveries for ground service equipment, push back trucks and airport traffic across airports throughout North America and Canada.
The utility add-on includes logos and skins for most of North America’s ground handling and catering companies and injects realistic-looking vehicles into airports in the region. This includes push back trucks, airport traffic and service equipment such as the ground power unit. Further to the replacement of ground service equipment looks, customised sounds for animations have also been added to the vehicles. We know that ASIG, Swissport and Menzies are included as part of the ground handling pack, with LSG, Gate Gourmet and Flying foods leading the way for the top catering companies included. The full list of included airlines in the pack is down below.
Whereas other products such as GSX or Pushback Express add new vehicles, AREX instead uses the default vehicles to make the airport environment more realistic. It is confirmed that the plan is for AREX to work in conjunction with GSX by FSDreamTeam for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you buy the product with the Contrail add-on, you will be able to select airline liveries for aircraft ground handling vehicles.
You can buy AREX: Airport Regional Environment X North America for Microsoft Flight Simulator now from LatinVFR’s store ($9.99 USD) or the Contrail Store right now (€8,28) It will appear in the Microsoft Flight Simulator store in the near future.
- Replacement of ground services vehicles with customized and more realistic for the region at ALL airports in North America (Continental US and Canada).
- Customized sounds of the different engines and animation situations.
- Different logos for the companies that provide airport services in North America.
- Realistic catering truck used in the region, with the logos of the most important airport catering companies.
- Customized push back truck depicting regional companies.
- Customized and regional types of vehicle traffic, that make the airport environment more realistic and according to vehicles used in the region.
- Uses the default system of calling ground services, no external apps or files needed.
- No negative impact on performance.