Laminar Research has released version 11.51r1 of their popular X-Plane flight simulator. This update comes about a month and a half after the release of the first v11.51 beta, which you can read about here.
X-Plane v11.51r1 is a release candidate version of the upcoming full version of 11.51. Rather than releasing large updates all at once, Laminar Research improves its X-Plane platform by releasing incremental beta versions of each update, followed by release candidates, which are the culmination of the beta releases to be tested before the release of the final version. v11.51 of X-Plane has thus far seen three beta releases, all with their own additions, improvements and fixes. This is the first release candidate for X-Plane v11.51.
According to Laminar, the release includes over 2,200 added or improved airports, as well as a list of known issues and bug fixes. Some of the notable fixes include improvements to the default FMS, various fixed ILS approaches, Vulkan/Metal optimizations, and 3rd party peripheral optimizations among many other fixes. You can read the full list of fixes for v11.51r1 below, as well as check out the release notes page on the official X-Plane 11 website here.
Release Candidate 1
- Fixed FMS file not working with X-airports with 7-letter custom ID.
- Actually remove deprecated airports.
- Find orphaned approach transitions that dangle at the end of EGLL.dat in Navigraph cycle 2013.
- Recognize more circling approaches.
- XSG-11071 Misaligned ILS at NZAA.
- XPD-11048 Can’t use ext visuals without the aircraft of the master machine in Vulkan.
- XPD-11079 Fixed inverted normal maps in Vulkan/Metal with HDR off.
- XPD-11092 Fixed cylindrical projection not working on multi-monitor with Vulkan.
- Gateway airports approved as of Nov. 24 added.
- Networking fixes:
- Support clients talking across different IP protocols.
- Fixed erroneous messages about not receiving/replying from exvis machines.
- Fix for potential crash when changing roles.
- XPD-7986 Rain now displays correctly in multimonitor.
- Additional log info to investigate issues with Reverb G2 controllers.
- Additional diagnostics via Aftermath for investigating device loss crashes (requires Nvidia driver 457.09).
- Portuguese translation updated.
- XPD-10194 Updated docs & override datarefs for sling object.
- XPD-11031 Nvidia driver crash in OGL when accessing settings.
- Updated translations for most languages.
- Updated & additional joystick config files.
- Device loss crashes on Vulkan/Windows should be less frequent.
- XPD-10617 CTD when using “regenerate icons for current aircraft (and livery).
- XPD-10836 Device loss crashes on Metal/Mac should be less frequent.
- XPD-11003 Metal has been disabled for Nvidia-based Macs on 10.15 because it hangs.
- XPD-11025 Plane Maker 11.50 breaks the .acf file when periods are changed to commas.
- XPD-11028 Crash in the map.
- XPD-11030 Switching liveries a couple of times crashes X-Plane.
- XPD-11036 Fixed broken mouse cursor in 3-d cockpit with LDR and OGL.
- XPD-11038 Fixed washed out GL movie capture.
- XPD-11044 Fixed missing runway outlines on map.
- XPD-11047 Fixed option for edge blending with no warping.
- XPD-11069 Loading flight plans fails after loading a checklist.
- XPD-10832 Added camera permission string for third party apps