JustSim is bringing the heat to Aerosoft with their latest announcement. In a post made on Facebook, JustSim shared that their next scenery would be Chania airport (LGSA) on the Greek island of Crete. It was exactly one month ago that Aerosoft announced to also be working on Chania.
JustSim’s version of the airport looks to be about ready, and will probably be released soon following their track record of announcements. The release will first take place for Prepar3D v4, with an X-Plane version to follow not long after. According to the screenshots, we can expect the standard feature set that pretty much every JustSim airport comes with: PBR material textures, dynamic lighting, high quality modelling and textures, 3D grass, static airplanes and people and optimised for performance, amongst others. JustSim themselves have yet to share a full feature list of the airport. The Facebook post came with an abundance of preview images of the upcoming airport, so make sure to check it out.
It would not be the first time that JustSim and Aerosoft are both working hard to get the same sceneries out. In the past, this happened with Innsbruck airport (LOWI), Hamburg (EDDH), and Barcelona (LEBL). The latter of which was covered by three different developers in a similar timeframe.
Update: JustSim’s Chania International Airport is now available on SimMarket for €16,80. Feature list can be found at the end of this article.
- Fully compatible with FTX Global openLC Europe
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- Ground polygons made with the requirements of the SDK Prepad 3D
- Dynamic lighting of the apron
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- Surrounding area with custom autogen
- Fully AI traffic compatible with accurat AFCAD file
- Excellent night effects
- 3D birds
- 3D grass
- Optimized for excellent performance
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting
- Automatic season change for vegatation, photobackground high resolution
- Realistic reflections on glass
- Inclusion of manual in PDF format