In a partnership with Thranda Design, JustFlight has released the Piper PA-28-181 Archer TX/LX for X-Plane 11. The Piper PA-28-181 Archer TX/LX is a four seat, piston engine aircraft with a fixed landing gear. A single 180hp four-cylinder engine and fixed-pitch propeller are just some of the standard equipment on-board, the TX/LX variant are a more modern version of the Archer III.
Just Flight’s PA-28 TX/LX is equipped with a Garmin G1000 and EFD 1000 suite of avionics. Other improvements such as a streamlined cowling and cockpit overhead panel controls are included. An optional GFC 700 autopilot can be selected, realistic aircraft system indications, and synthetic vision are just some of the many custom options available to the user.
JustFlight’s PA-28-181 Archer TX/LX for X-Plane 11 features PBR materials with real-time environment reflections, HD textures, numerous animations including a multi-animation passenger door. When the passenger door is open, it will respond to G-forces and air resistance. Ground equipment is included featuring chocks and tie-downs. Six liveries from the US, UK, Germany, and New Zealand give the user plenty of options when planning where to fly.
Inside the cockpit, every screw head has been modeled and every instrument is constructed in 3D with smooth animations. Interactive checklists that respond to user inputs are available for every stage of flight. An aircraft configuration system will allow the user to chose a “cold and dark” cockpit or “ready-for-takeoff” configurations. Radio knob movement is regulated via plugin logic for the highest fidelity of movement, animated toe brakes, and a functional throttle quadrant tensioning system are just some of the unique features included with this aircraft. An interactive logbook system, and flight computer panel with information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed, and wind speed/direction is available to the user as well.
JustFlight has modeled a custom coded fuel and electrical systems, the electrical system consists of circuit breaker logic linked to X-Plane’s internal failure logic. This will be most noticed when a system is set to fail after a certain number of hours, not only will the system fail, the breaker will also pop out. Simulated spark plug fouling and vapor lock conditions are included. Custom external light logic with a custom strobe light pattern and light halos have been added for extra realism. JustFlight’s PA-28-181 Archer TX/LX for X-Plane 11 is available from the JustFlight website for $41.99. Below is a full feature list for all who are interested.
- Accurately modeled PA-28-181 Archer TX/LX
- Numerous animations
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- HD textures and PBR materials
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane’s state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Fully functional G1000 PFD and MFD, and EFD 1000
- Optional GFC 700 autopilot controls
- Realistic aircraft and engine systems indications
- 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modeled seat belts and screw heads
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Aircraft configuration system
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- Flight computer panel
- GoodWay compatible
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Animated toe brakes
- Functional throttle quadrant tensioning system
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic
- Custom-coded fuel and electrical systems
- Realistic landing gear with slow/fast tyre rotation animation
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window
- Simulated spark plug fouling and vapor lock conditions
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges
- Simulated fan and vent system with realistic blower sounds
- Custom external light logic
- Comprehensive manual
- Custom weight and balance manager window