Just Flight has completed their VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D UK package with the release of Vol. 4: Scotland. This package covers the entirety of Scotland including Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness. The Shetland Islands are also covered in the package also.
NexGen 3D is the next generation of Just Flight’s hugely popular VFR Real Scenery series. It makes use of 25cm/px and 50cm/px aerial imagery from 2015 onwards to create a general in-sim resolution of 1.2m/px. But, around airports and points of interest the level of detail increases to 60cm/px.
However, it’s not just imagery, this add-on makes use of Just Flight’s new GenMart system to add a lengthy array of autogen objects for an immersive 3D feel to the scenery. The combination of both is said to give a truly realistic representation of flying over the real world adding trees, houses and other miscellaneous buildings all placed where their real-world counterparts are located.
Complete Feature List
- Multiple simulator support – the scenery can be active in all your supported simulators at the same time using a single installation
- 25cm/50cm aerial photos taken from 2015 onwards used as source imagery
- Scenery Manager utility included so you can adjust scenery options and activate/deactivate the scenery in individual simulators
- Performance boost – because the display of photo textures and individually placed autogen objects is more efficient than the generic tile-based system used in default scenery, the performance of your simulator(s) will actually improve when NexGen 3D scenery is being used!
- 1.2m/pixel general texture resolution. The texture resolution around airports and specific points of interest is 60cm/pixel.
- 5m (ultra-high) elevation mesh resolution
- Comprehensive 3D autogen coverage of buildings and vegetation, accurately placed from real-world data
- Numerous additional custom scenery objects
- Adjusted default landmark objects
- Optional custom night textures
- All water areas are created as simulator ‘water’ and are fully landable in appropriate aircraft
- Default airports or runways have been adjusted as necessary
- Automatic updating as new or expanded data becomes available
- Compatible with third party airport sceneries