Today, Just Flight has released their DHC-3 Otter and it looks great. It’s available for purchase at Just Flight’s website for 30.95 EUR.
DHC-3 Otter comes for both FSX, FSX:SE and all versions of P3D v1 to v4. It’s not only one variant but many, wheel, amphibian, float and ski variants of the famous STOL DHC-3 Otter. All this in both civilian and military paint schemes.
This aircraft is a single engine high-wing model designed for all kinds of fields, no matter you’re flying in the Alaskan bush or to big hubs. Powered by a R-1340 radial engine that can carry up to eleven passengers and cargo. Between 1951 and 1967 a whole 466 aircraft were built.
Aircraft features HD textures, start-stutter engine effects, fully modeled passenger cabin area. In the cabin area you can choose between a whole variety of deployable cargo. On top of all this it’s also equipped with fuel tank choice and of course smooth instruments in 3D.
A longer feature list is available on Just Flight’s website but here are a few key features.
- Accurately modeled DHC-3 Otter, built using real-world aircraft plans and from official notes and publications
- Many detailed animations, including:
– Accurate landing gear/ski operations
– Authentic flap action – manually pumped, outer sections act as flaperons
– Trim tabs
– Passenger and cargo doors
– Cockpit door windows
- Detailed engine with start-stutter effects and volumetric prop
- Fully animated pilots (civilian or military, depending on variant)
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity, including bump and specular mapping to produce a truly 3D feel
- Aircraft tie-downs and pitot cover
- Choice of cockpits:
– Classic – traditional configuration with Collins avionics
– Modern – featuring HSI, GNS 430, digital radios and autopilot