After many, many teasers going back to the start of the year, announced on their Facebook page, Just Flight has released their much anticipated Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2 and Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2 – K.2 & MRR Expansion Pack.
The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2 is a tailless, four-engine, delta-wing strategic bomber which saw service in the UK during the Cold War with the Royal Air Force. Being well ahead of its time during its time, the Vulcan is an iconic aircraft for us to be able to fly in the sim.
Just Flight’s rendition of the Vulcan has been developed to an exceptional level of detail inside and out. Features include fully custom coded systems, 4K texturing, eleven included paint schemes, detailed animations and more which you can find in our shortened version of the features list at the end of this article.
Also released to accompany the Vulcan, the K.2 & MRR Expansion pack which brings along two new variants (introducing air to air refuelling) and new liveries.
You can grab a hold of the Just Flight Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2 on their own website for a price of €49.95 (Incl. VAT) and the Expansion pack comes at a price of €12.95 (Incl. VAT). The aircraft is compatible with FSX/SE and Prepar3D v1-4.
- Accurately modelled Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (XM655)
- Many detailed animations
- A range of payload options
- Different aerial, refuelling probe and other external parts providing several configurations
- Olympus 201 and 301 engine nozzle types
- Ground equipment, including Houchin GPU and Palouste compressor for engine start
- 4096×4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled ejection seats and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist
- Checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- with realistic consumption based on altitude – watch the oxygen quantity drop with usage
- Realistic V/UHF radio unit – save and recall commonly used frequencies
- Fully functioning magnetic indicators, warning lights and push-to-test buttons
- No detail is too small – even the option to switch between day and night modes on the landing gear indicator is included!
- Custom-coded fuel system – fuel tank groups, transfer and crossfeed
- Custom-coded electrical system
- The Vulcan B Mk2 is supplied with eleven paint schemes covering its life in RAF service.
- Authentic sound set