Over on their website, Just Flight has announced that they’re developing the Fokker F28 Fellowship for FSX and Prepar3D.
The Dutch Fokker F28 is a short range, regional airliner announced way back in 1962. Today, the F28 is only used by military operators around the world. Prominent carriers which used to fly the F28 included, KLM Cityhopper, NLM Cityhopper, Piedmont, USAir, Air Canada and many more.
Just Flight’s rendition of the F28 Fellowship will include the 1000 and 4000 variant, PBR materials, TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass, realistic distinctive animations, an authentic cockpit, highly-realistic flight dynamics and more which can be found in the comprehensive features list at the end of this article.
With this reveal, Just Flight has announced that their team has expanded bringing on a new set of members bringing with them a wealth of experience in complex, study-level aircraft development. With that, it means that the F28 will not only look great but will feature custom coding throughout including the use of external systems to bypass simulation limitations.
We’ll endeavour to keep you updated on the latest regarding further development of the Fokker F28 Fellowship. Check out the product page here.
- Four variants of the F28 Fellowship:
– F28 Mk 1000
– F28 Mk 2000
– F28 Mk 3000
– F28 Mk 4000
- Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Realistic animations including all passenger, service and cargo doors, control surfaces and mechanisms, distinctive spoilers and tail-mounted airbrake
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Realistic wing-flex
- PBR materials (requires P3D v4.4)
- Custom ground equipment (GPU, cones and chocks)
- Optional engine hush kits
- TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass integration
- Captain, Co-Pilot and jump seat positions modelled with nearly all switches, knobs and levers animated and functional
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Authentic gauges and navigational equipment, including RMI (VOR/ADF) and HSI
- Realistic autopilot system including pitch and IAS hold modes and navigation hold mode that can be linked to the FSX/P3D flight plan
- Custom-coded weather radar with Active Sky integration
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight including engine start
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Many features have been added to help with usabilities such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead and centre pedestal
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- The F28 Fellowship will be supplied with a range of liveries from around the world, reflecting its wide and varied airline service.
- Realistic flight dynamics for each variant based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from real-world F28 crew
- An authentic sound set with custom cockpit sounds
- Multiple interior and exterior viewpoints, including wing views
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes