Just Flight has announced today they were bringing their Air Hauler 2 add-on to X-Plane 11.
Released in January 2019 for all versions of Prepar3D and FSX, Air Hauler 2 is a utility that recreates the environment of an airline management. Pilots are able to buy aircraft, fly specific job and have to manage every aspect of running an airline such as maintenance, landing fees, fuel costs, schedules and so on. Air Hauler 2 also gives owners the possibility to hire other pilots by connecting users with each other, turning their personal airline into a full virtual airline.
Just Flight has not yet set a release date for Air Hauler 2. The pricing is also yet to be set. Pilots can buy the FSX and P3D version at Simmarket for €31.63.
- Cargo jobs – a wide variety of job types, from flying high-tech electronic equipment to potatoes and fruit, with differing rates of pay, from hundreds to hundreds of thousands!
- Passenger operations – fly single passenger jobs between any airport you choose, or set up a schedule and routes for your airline to fly. You can let your AI pilots fly these routes or you can fly any of them at any time.
- Missions – take missions from new contacts you meet as you travel to new airports and destinations.
- Virtual Airlines – create your own Virtual Airline and recruit other AH2 pilots from around the world to fly passenger and cargo jobs! Advertise your airline on the Air Hauler 2 Hiring Bulletin Board. Accept and fly jobs from the Global Job Board and compete with other airlines for the best hauls.
- Humanitarian missions – respond to real-world disasters by manufacturing and delivering relief supplies to local airports.
- AI pilot skills tree system – AI pilots can be ‘trained’ in over 18 different skills which bring benefits to your company. As the AI pilots improve, they ‘level up’ in rank which gives them more skill points to spend. There is a skill tree which has five different tracks with individual skills in each and these can be unlocked by spending points. So, for example, an AI pilot who has five points in ‘Bungee Warrior’ will be subject to less in-flight cargo damage as a result of rough handling than one who has less (or no) points in that skill. Other examples are ‘Rocketman’, which provides a more efficient cruise (lower fuel costs), and ‘Short Stripper’ which lowers the runway landing requirements for AI pilots.
- Take missions from clients at airports – supply them with rare commodities or perform photo recon flights or private charter flights.
- Commodity trading – buy and sell commodities rather than just move them for clients. Make your own fortune trading between airports!
- Upgrade your bases – upgrade them with fuel depots and commodity storage facilities, allowing you to hedge fuel prices and store commodities long term.
- Factories and production – build factories at your bases and use them to produce desirable commodities which can’t be bought on the open market.
- See full airport charts in Air Hauler 2 itself – charts are provided with the kind permission of John Allard.
- Find aircraft parts from vendors – find these at larger airports and use them to repair your fleet or build new aircraft yourself rather than buying them!
- Type rating system – get qualified on aircraft before you or your AI pilots can fly them.
- Buy and fly aircraft in your personal fleet – you can also transfer money from your company into your own personal account.
- Buy new aircraft direct from the manufacturer, or buy second hand – have the aircraft shipped to you or go and collect them yourself and fly them home.
- Map views with great circle routes – several map tile choices are available.
- Included database of common aircraft – designed to populate the stats while importing – no more searching for fuel burn figures!