iniBuilds has announced the release of their highly anticipated A300-600(F) ON THE LINE for X-Plane, over on their Facebook page.
The A300 was the first aircraft produced by French, British and West German manufacturer Airbus, first taking to the skies in 1972. The A300-600 variant was the most produced with over 300 of the type delivered to airlines such as Saudi Airlines, American Airlines and Japan Air Lines. The A300-600 is still in service today but more commonly to transport cargo rather than passengers. The last delivery of the purpose-built freighter was as recent as 2007 which should see the aircraft in service for some time yet.
For their first aircraft development, iniBuilds has chosen the freighter for the initial release with the promise of a passenger variant at a later date free of charge for existing customers. The aircraft includes accurate 3D modelling and PBR texturing, high-fidelity systems such as detailed custom FMS, hydraulic, electrical and pressurisation systems built to replicate their real-world counterparts as well as a custom FMOD sound system, accurate flight modelling and two engine options (GE CF6/PW4100) to choose from. A lot of the testing and development has come from a close partnership with real A300-600(F) pilots to enable the recreation of an on the line experience, rather than how the aircraft acts on paper, within X-Plane.
The team at iniSimulations has included over 50 liveries for the A300-600(F) including real-world, fictional and developer house paints, all produced by their colleagues at iniBuilds which can be downloaded for free from their website.
You can purchase the aircraft exclusively from the iniBuilds store for £69.99/$91.35/€77.53 Ex.VAT.
- Detailed custom FMS designed to replicate an on the line experience
- SIDs, STARs, SEC flight plan, custom VNAV and LNAV, altitude and speed constraints and holds
- Independent FMS with state-of-the-art high definition pop-outs with high-resolution cockpit displays
- Custom system rendition including bespoke hydraulic, electrical, pressurisation and fuel operation including unique A300-600R trim tank functionality
- Unique behavioural characteristics of the A300-600R simulated throughout each system for the most excellent immersive experience
- Extensively tuned flight model to capture A300-600R characteristics including accurate performance; landing and takeoff behaviour with custom ground effect simulation
- Custom taxiing behaviour following extensive consultation from empirical sources
- Custom stalling behaviour including aerodynamic buffet
- Accurate rendition of General Electric GE CF6-80C2A1 and Pratt & Whitney PW4158 variant engine behaviour
- ACARS Wind Uplink
- 4K, PBR texturing in both the exterior and interior of the aircraft
- High-resolution, pixel-perfect cockpit displays
- Accurate, toned night lighting
- Detailed renditions of the General Electric GE CF6-80C2A1 and Pratt & Whitney PW4000 models
- A contemporary set of realistic and fictional liveries courtesy of the iniBuilds Painting Team available for free
- Custom FMOD sounds with two unique sound sets for each engine type (GE CF6 and PW4000), including authentic sound recordings from the real aircraft
- Audio dynamically balanced within a 3D environment, coupled with location-dependent audio, as well as the inclusion of audio based on a variety of environmental conditions
- All buttons, levers and switches have their own unique sound that varies each time during interaction
- iniGroundHandling Set for both A300 Freighter and Passenger Expansion
- Feature-rich onboard Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Revolutionary performance calculator and data
- Interactive loading area functionality
- Free A300-600R passenger expansion (coming soon)
- Built-in panel state capabilities
- Comprehensive Radar Modes
- Compatibility with BetterPushback plugin
- Extensive user options