Mobile flight simulator users who fly on Infinite Flight will be pleased to know that the platform has been updated to version 20.2. Whilst the numbering may only be incremental, the update itself is significant and adds a host of new features, quality of life improvements and completely reworked aircraft.
Starting with aircraft, the new update brings a major rework for the triple seven by making significant changes for various variants; the 777L/F/W to be precise. The new reworked aircraft means the sound pack is more realistic than before and the aircraft have fully functional animated Boeing cockpits all on your mobile device. Various liveries have also been updated to match their real-world counterparts.
Another primary element of the update comes in the form of a new drone camera for all aircraft. The drone camera can be used for both interior and exterior views and allow users to see their flight from unique angles. Furthermore, the update enables users to share flight plans, log in easier with their Infinite Flight community forum account and also new display information in the info bar to help users fly better.
The new updates and features are just the tip of the iceberg as there has been a huge number of bug fixes and improvements to aircraft, the map, multiplayer components and also performance optimisations.
Infinite Flight also features highly detailed documentation and support tools to enable anyone to get started and a bustling community to ask any question that you may have.
Infinite Flight 20.2 Changelog
- REWORKED B77F, B77W, B77L which include 17 new liveries, real 777 sound pack, animated cockpit with live instruments, improved flight physics, main gear steering, gear tilt, wing flex, and more. All are available to Infinite Flight Pro subscribers
- NEW Interior and Exterior drone cameras for all aircraft, which follow the aircraft even while in flight!
- NEW completely reworked login and user system with account linking to the Infinite Flight community forum
- NEW account settings screen for managing callsign, subscription, account linking, and accessing statistics
- NEW customizable configurations for the flight data info bar. Switch using the “Interface” systems menu
- NEW warning sound prior to receiving violations
- NEW battery information in info bar (iOS only) and for ATC and Angle of Attack (AOA) in info bar
- NEW Anonymous mode for users with linked forum accounts who do not wish to show their username in flight
- NEW ATC commands including departure in sequence
- NEW iOS Flight plan sharing/saving, compatible with ForeFlight, and more
- IMPROVED callsign system with country-specific filters and rules
- IMPROVED Autopilot SPD mode can no longer be enabled on the ground
- IMPROVED C172 power & high AoA behavior
- IMPROVED “Unable to Communicate” no longer issues violation but disconnects user
- IMPROVED A320 engine geometry
- FIXED Map filters for ATC
- FIXED Visual approaches for center
- FIXED Bug where winds would sometimes be based on camera position rather than aircraft
- FIXED Pushback bug which would allow forward momentum during pushback
- FIXED Pronunciation of callsigns (KLM and DHL, letters in identifiers)
- FIXED Autopilot issues from when control sensitivity settings were changed
- FIXED Surface layer fog now updates smoothly between weather reporting stations
- FIXED B777 flaps
- UPDATED Display names have been removed. Linking your Infinite Flight Community account in settings now allows you to display your forum username while in flight
- IMPROVED “WPT” for aircraft start position no longer added to flight plan as first waypoint when on the ground. Closest airport will be used if found
- IMPROVED XCub can now land off-airport without warnings or violations
- IMPROVED Better support for SmoothTrack with OpenTrack
- IMPROVED Back end systems with server performance improvements and bug fixes