ImagineSim has released their Microsoft Flight Simulator rendition of their flagship Atlanta Airport (KATL). The scenery completely replaces the default Atlanta Airport with a new custom build. All 7 terminals have been accurately modeled. The airport features accurate and detailed ground textures and dynamic lighting. The scenery is also populated with ground services vehicles.
Atlanta Airport is the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic with about 110 million passengers in 2019 (Chicago O’Hare was the busiest by aircraft movement the same year). The airport has 5 runways. The passengers go through a unique terminal that holds a total of 7 concourses, all linked with the automated Plane Train.
You can purchase the ImagineSim Atlanta directly from the MSFS Marketplace for $19.99. The developer also confirmed on their product page that WSSS Singapore, TBPB Barbados, KAUS Austin, KLGA LaGuardia and KDFW Dallas/Fort Worth were also coming for MSFS.
- A complete custom-built replacement of the default Atlanta airport.
- Hand crafted buildings and airport grounds.
- High resolution textures.
- Fantastic night lighting.
- Internal terminal modelling.
- Hundreds of airside vehicles and ground staff.
- Sloping and undulating runways and terrain.
- Interactive passenger jetways.
- Enormous 10 mile square coverage of the airport area.
- Framerate performance optimization.
- Regular free updates and improvements as MSFS matures.