Ilumium Simulation has shared a preview of their upcoming Slovenia X scenery with us. This addon is a complete rendition of the entire country and will be available for both FSX and Prepar3D. This scenery combines custom landclass and vector data, custom landclass textures, custom autogen and landmark models, photo-real inserts and default objects, with the aim of creating an identifiable and unique region, that ‘looks and feels’ Slovenian – and judging by the previews, does an excellent job of this. The team has paid special attention to geographical regions and major cities which have been covered in high detail. Furthermore, the addon provides highly accurate vector data, custom autogen and landmark models, some photo-real areas and custom (landclass) textures for all four seasons. There will be roads, bridges, overpasses, train tracks, viaducts, highway tunnels and much, much more. A full feature list can be found at the end of this post.
Slovenia X is still under development, but early access should come out in the following days for the Slovenian virtual flying community according to the developer post. Public release is scheduled for later this year. If you’re really curious about this scenery (we know we are) and don’t quite want to wait for its public release, you can try out the Croatia X Drvenik Islands Demo or give Divaca Airport (LJDI) a try – both sceneries are freeware. Or you can purchase Slovenia West Autogen for €19,50. This last addon is said to give you a small glimpse of what you can expect when Slovenia X releases and customers will only have to pay the price difference between the two sceneries.
You can find a small selection of the previews below, but make sure to check out the entire post for all screenshots as there are a lot of them.
- custom textures for typical land classes with four different seasons, including hard winter and night textures; accurate data for snowy months and snow cover
- 12m terrain mesh (LOD13), with the height precision of 1 to 3 m, that really brings to life the deep valleys and mountainous parts as well as all the intricacies of the terrain from sea level to 2864m of Triglav, Slovenia’s highest peak
- 60cm photoreal cities (LOD16): Ljubljana, Maribor, Koper, Piran, Izola, Portoroz, Murska Sobota, Nova Gorica, Kranj, Celje, Novo mesto, and landscapes: lake Bled, Cerknisko lake and Soline
- based on geographical data 90% of the Slovenian building stock is represented and accurately placed
- rivers, lakes, coasts
- highly differentiated and diverse autogen includes:
- typical houses with different textures and roof shapes according to the regions,
- various building types according to the actual data (schools, public buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, train stations, hotels, gas stations, toll stations, etc.),
- special and typical objects such as mountain huts (30% with helipads on the roofs), alpine shelters (all there but really hard to spot from the air), alpine sheds – ‘stan’, hayracks – ‘kozolec’, various churches (adapted to different regions),
- roads, bridges, overpasses and traffic,
- railway tracks and (static) trains,
- vegetation: forests, scrub, cemeteries and parks (also dependent on the region),
- miscellaneous infrastructure objects such as powerlines, antennae, cellular towers, power plants, smoke stacks,
- viaducts, highway tunnel entrances, highway signage, port cranes, containers, wind turbines, power transformers, big storage tanks, industrial objects,
- lights – streets and roads in settlements, highway links and trunk roads are lit by custom street lights,
- another Slovenian particularity are numerous churches on hills that are lighted by night,
- different custom landmarks and objects from default FSX libraries (buildings, vehicles, vegetation, etc.) were hand placed to complement the overall impression and make a lively and vibrant landscape
- all major airfields and heliports added with their correct disposition of elements (AFCADs); the Slovenian virtual community, of which the developer is a proud member, has developed numerous and high quality freeware airfields – Slovenia X does not want to compete with those but will rather encourage and help the authors to adapt existing ones to Slovenia X and keep them available as freeware in the future
- highly detailed and accurate rendition of Ljubljana’s medical centre heliport LJHL and surrounding buildings, including PCL lighting
- Configuration tool for turning on/off features according to pilot preferences and performance priorities
- while the product is intended to be used with its own underlay, it can be used with any other underlay (e.g. photoreal) without the loss of objects or greenery.
- and last but not insignificant: developed by the locals