Developer FSimStudios has released Vancouver International Airport (CYVR) for Prepar3D v4.4 and above. The large international airport in Canada is home to Air Canada, WestJet and also Air Transat. The airport is the second busiest in Canada with nearly 26 million passengers a year visiting the busy hub.
To bring this airport to life in the simulator, FSimStudios has included a true 4K experience with detailed texture work, impressive 3D modelling work and nearly 180 square kilometers of seasonal aerial photography. The airport has been built to represent the airport in its current state, whilst Apron 6 will be included with version 1.1 of the scenery product for free. FSimStudios has also included custom autogen based on real-life photos of the city, static commercial and GA aircraft and also an animated SkyTrain.
Beyond the airport, FSimStudios has also included over 50 hand-crafted landmarks in the Downtown Vancouver area including Lionsgate BUilding, BC Place, Science World and more. In addition, both Vancouver Seaplane Terminal (CAM9) and Vancouver Harbour (CYHC) has been included for those looking to explore on the water.
FSimStudios’ Vancouver International Airport for Prepar3D is now available to buy for €21.50 / $25.00 USD on their website. It’s worth noting that customers will get a free upgrade to the Microsoft Flight Simulator version which is due to release later this month. Finally, Vancouver will release on OrbxDirect soon as part of the recently announced partnership between the two companies.
- Most up to date and detailed representation of Vancouver International Airport ever created. Includes the soon-to-be-finished Pier D. Apron 6 will be included in V1.1
- Outstanding modeling, 4K PBR Textures, and great attention to detail.
- 178sqKm of seasonal aerial orthophotos, ranging from 0.3 to 0.5m/pix
- Custom autogen based on real-life photos of the city.
- Over 50 hand-crafted landmarks around Downtown Vancouver, including the Lionsgate Building, BC Place, Canada Place, Science World, etc.
- SODE-Controlled seasonal and weather-dependent features. SODE VDGS Compatible.
- Static Commercial and GA Aircraft.
- Three airports included: CYVR Vancouver International, CAM9 Vancouver Seaplane Terminal, CYHC Vancouver Harbour.
- Animated SkyTrain (Canada Line)
- Night lighting crafted by IniBuilds.
- FREE License Upgrade to Vancouver for MSFS (Releasing in November 2020).