An all-new Canadian airport has been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. FSimStudios has released Kelowna International Airport (CYLW) for the new simulator, enabling users to travel to the airport which sits north of Kelowna, British Columbia. The airport itself features a single-runway and sees regular services to Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Seattle and also Cancun. It may not be the largest airport but is Canada’s 10th busiest by passenger numbers and was seeing regular passenger increases year after year.
As with the Prepar3D version, FSimStudios has spent a considerable amount of time on ensuring that the airport meets a high standard with native technology to the simulator and custom made objects and buildings. The airport features native jetways, high resolution 4K texturing and also native light illumination. When the weather turns bad, expect to see native snow and rain effects impact the airport’s ground and you can also enjoy static aircraft including the currently grounded 737 Max 8 operated by Westjet.
You can buy it now from FSimStudios’ website for €14.99 / $17.50 (USD). If you own the Prepar3D version, you can upgrade for €8.99 / $10.50 (USD). A unique discount code has been sent to all current P3D customers and the developer suggests that if you haven’t received it that you contact them. The product will also be released through OrbxDirect soon.
- High detailed representation of Kelowna International Airport CYLW.
- Native MSFS SDK Jetways
- All materials converted and reworked for full PBR
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
- Custom Made POI around the city of Kelowna, including the hospital, multiple hotels, shopping Malls, etc.
- Ultra-High Resolution (4K) Textures.
- Native night illumination
- Native snow, rain effects and vegetation
- Static Aircraft, including Westjet’s Grounded 737MAX8s.