Renowned scenery developer Orbx has unleashed their long-awaited v2 update for their Australia region scenery during their presentation at FSExpo 2019.
First previewed in May, the mammoth overhaul of the region sees 8 million km² painstakingly recreated using the latest region-based technologies in both FSX and Prepar3D, covering everywhere from Cape York to Hobart, and Sydney to Perth, plus all of the coastlines, bodies of water, roads, railways and powerlines in between. Even the towns and urban areas scattered throughout are covered off, along with outlying island territories, such as Christmas Island and Lord Howe Island. Additionally, the terrain has been bought into 2019 with an all-new high-resolution mesh using data supplied by the Australian Government.
Most importantly though, almost 700 airports have been upgraded or created entirely from scratch. The team has not left a stone unturned as they worked to truly represent the Great Southern Land in our sims.
The feature list, according to the first preview post, looks a lot like this;
- Our largest and most popular region; 8 million sq km in full Orbx region quality
- Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
- 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports
- Over 50+ large-scale photoreal areas of interest such as salt lakes, mine sites, tidal areas and many more
- High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania
- Completely new lakes, rivers and shorelines – much improved quality and accuracy
- Entire Great Barrier Reef in photoreal
- Completely new road and rail networks
- Improved and new landclass types
- Hundreds of thousands of new geographical features; dry lakes, parks, railyards, industrial areas etc
- Much-improved populated area shape accuracy
- Completely new powerline networks, windfarms and other man-made features
- Improved and updated bridges, harbour objects and marinas
- Complete seasonal variations
- Airports optimised for use with AI traffic, particularly our enormously-popular AI Traffic for Australia
- Designed to work seamlessly with all 32 Australian HD airports and Cityscapes
- Completely compatible with FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv1-v4
For a visual preview of these features, make sure you check out the post from May (linked above).
Australia v2 by Orbx is on sale now for AUD $54.95 via OrbxDirect. Owners of Australia v1 will receive a 40% discount on the new version, providing your copy of v1 is linked to your OrbxDirect account.