FSElite can exclusively announce a brand-new product from LatinVFR. AREX: Airport Regional Environment X North America is a brand-new product for Microsoft Flight Simulator that will customised logos and companies for ground service vehicles across North American airports in the simulator.
The utility add-on includes logos and skins for most of North America’s ground handling and catering companies and injects realistic-looking vehicles into airports in the region. This includes push back trucks, airport traffic and service equipment such as the ground power unit. Further to the replacement of ground service equipment looks, customised sounds for animations have also been added to the vehicles. We know that ASIG, Swissport and Menzies are included as part of the ground handling pack, with LSG, Gate Gourmet and Flying foods leading the way for the top catering companies included. The full list of included airlines in the pack is down below.
Whereas other products such as GSX or Pushback Express add new vehicles, AREX instead uses the default vehicles to make the airport environment more realistic. It is confirmed that the plan is for AREX to work in conjunction with GSX by FSDreamTeam for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
LatinVFR will be releasing the product on the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace, but has confirmed that the Contrail Version of the product will enable users to select airline liveries for the aircraft ground handling vehicles to enhance the experience further. For those that don’t know, Contrail is a new application created by the developers at 29Palms to make adding specific add-ons to the simulator as easy as possible. Currently, Contrail is supported by FlightBeam, JetStream Designs and LatinVFR.
Thousands of airports within Continental US and Canada are about to become a lot more realistic with AREX: Airport Regional Environment X for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We’ll be sure to share more details on the release and pricing once we learn more.
- Replacement of ground services vehicles with customized and more realistic for the region at ALL airports in North America (Continental US and Canada).
- Customized sounds of the different engines and animation situations.
- Different logos for the companies that provide airport services in North America.
- Realistic catering truck used in the region, with the logos of the most important airport catering companies.
- Customized push back truck depicting regional companies.
- Customized and regional types of vehicle traffic, that make the airport environment more realistic and according to vehicles used in the region.
- Uses the default system of calling ground services, no external apps or files needed.
- No negative impact on performance.
- American Airlines