In a surprise release, FSDreamTeam has released Vancouver International for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new airport development brings modern technology into the original FSX version and has been changed to bring the airport to today’s standards.
As mentioned, this is a port of the FSX version. However, the team made it clear that there have been many changes to the product since the initial 2013 release with PBR texturing and an updated airport layout which matches the current representation of the airport. The airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator also features new dynamic lighting, photoreal imagery, new apron materials and moving jetways native to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Finally, the runways have the correct slope profile.
Vancouver International Airport (CYVR) is the second largest in Canada seeing nearly 26 million passengers pass through its doors in a year. Airlines from around the world visit including of course Air Canada and WestJet, along with others such as Air Transat, Flair Airlines and many more.
FSDreamTeam’s Vancouver International Airport v2 for Microsoft Flight Simulator can be purchased through FSDreamTeam’s store for $9.99 USD (local currency may vary). Owners of the previous version will be entitled to a discount; details will be emailed to customers. You can also buy the product through simMarket for €9.50, with owners of the previous version being able to update for €6.30 (all pricing excluding tax).
- The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 )
- Due to these changes, lots of parking names has been renamed, to reflect the current situation.
- All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.
- Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.
- The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.
- All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.
- All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.
- Runways have now their correct Slope profile.
- Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.