At long last, FSDreamTeam has released Basel airport (LFSB). The project was announced back in 2017, and has since then only sporadically been previewed. Basel is a particular airport due to it’s location and operators. The airport serves three countries: France, Germany and Switzerland, whilst it’s owned by France and Switzerland together. This makes it one of the few airports in the world that is operated by two countries. The airport serves a number of airlines with destinations mostly in Europe, and is a hub for easyJet Switzerland.
FSDreamTeam’s rendition of the airport has been made from the ground up for Prepar3D v4 using native technologies such as PBR and dynamic lighting. The airport also comes with a few configurable complexity options, such as an airport interior with passengers. GSX Level 2 is also fully functioning, for free, at this airport. A full feature list can be found at the end of this post.
FSDreamTeam is selling this scenery for $29 (excl. VAT), but there is a limited time offer which they call an ‘Upgrade Warranty‘. This limited time offer will last until a new, major version of the most important simulator platforms will be released. During this time limited offer, the airport will be sold at $19. This $19 will count as an advance payment towards the purchase of the next version of this airport, which is likely to release on a new platform (update), such as the next version of Prepar3D or Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- A true fully native scenery, designed from the ground up for Prepar3D 4.
- Designed for PBR, with advanced materials and shaders.
- Complete Dynamic Lighting, optimized for speed. Two levels of complexity controlled by the in-game YouControl menu.
- Completely made using the P3D4 SDK.
- Highly detailed SODE Jetways.
- GSX Level 2 free to use at this airport.
- Complete GSX Level 2 integration, including custom Pushback routes on each parking.
- Animated passengers inside the terminal, visible from the cockpit. Can be optionally disabled.
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting.
- High resolution building textures.
- Complete four season textures, with ice/snow effects in Winter.