After many teasers and trailers, FSDreamTeam has finally released their anticipated Chicago O’Hare V2 (KORD) Airport for Prepar3D V4. The all-new version from the team features a wealth of new features. Chicago O’Hare itself is a hugely busy airport in North America serving over 83 million passengers per year from a large list of airlines including American Airlines, Frontier, Alaska and Delta. There is also an ever-increasing number of international routes opening up too with the UK, Dubai, Finland and beyond all reaching the airport. Cargo is another important aspect of the airport with over 25 operators using it as a depot.
FSDreamTeam have been saying for a while that Chicago O’Hare KORD Airport will be exclusive to Prepar3D V4 due to the new techniques and features included. The airport has been designed with PBR material in mind with advanced shaders also included. Furthermore, the airport includes a working EMAS system (which will stop the aircraft when hit), use of techniques to display dynamic content on the information panels at gates, integration of SODE jetways and more. The airport has been completed using the P3D4 SDK, and has been completely optimised for optimal performance.
The full feature list is down below. Furthermore, there is a demo version available which will have the airport working fully in your simulator for 5-6 minutes before disabling itself. This will give you an opportunity to test performance.
Chicago O’Hare V2 is a Try-Before-Buy product. You will freely download a Demo version, that will work in full for 5-6 minutes at a time.
You can buy FSDreamTeam’s Chicago O’Hare V2 (KORD) directly from the FSDreamTeam store for $34.00 USD (excluding tax). There is an upgrade option for those that owned the previous version. The instructions are below, which we found on the forums.
Owners of the O’Hare 2011 version can obtain a discount on this product. To activate the discount, do as follows:
– Activate your existing Serial Number for the 2011 version in the Addon Manager.
– Purchase it by pressing the “Buy on Web” button from the Addon Manager menu.
– If you Buy from the link on the web page, the Discount won’t work, it MUST be done from the Addon Manager.
IMPORTANT: It’s NOT required to reinstall your original O’Hare 2011. Just Activate its Serial Number, so your previous ownership can be verified to activate the Discount Coupon.
Thanks to Christian in our Discord for the heads-up.
- The updated airport layout from 2019.
- A true fully native scenery, designed from the ground up for Prepar3D 4.
- Fully designed for PBR, with advanced materials and shaders.
- Complete Dynamic Lighting, optimized for speed.
- Completely made using the P3D4 SDK.
- Highly detailed SODE Jetways.
- Working information panels on gates.
- Working EMAS system that stops the airplane when hit.
- Highly detailed Terminal C interior in Avatar mode.
- Animated passengers inside the terminal, visible from the cockpit.
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting.
- Intensive use of LOD techniques in order to offer the best possible performances.
- High resolution building textures.