FS2Crew’s Ultimate Ground Crew X (UGCX), released a few weeks ago, has received yet another update based on community feedback and bug reports. The new update is free to all users, but considered by the development team as a “required update” and UGCX will not function without it being applied.
The update fixes numerous reported issues such as a performance issue when loading the scenery cache and also issues with the PMDG 747/777 when doing a long pushback. New features have also been added including a “Stop Pushback” option and also “Disable Tow Plane Commands” to allow compatibility with gliders and WAMA. Furthermore, there has been the added option of suppressing the use of the MUTE button for users of UGCX and FS2Crew at the same time.
If you’re looking to buy UGCX, then you can do so from the FS2Crew website for €39.95.
Here are the full installation instructions for those looking to update.
How to install Version 1.3:
1. UNINSTALL VERSION 1.2 FIRST!!!! <———————-
YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALL AS THE WAY WE MAKE SCENERY INDEXES HAS CHANGED!
How to do a clean install:
1. Uninstall UGCX via the Windows Add/Remove Program function.
2. Manually delete this folder:
C:Users***Your user name***AppDataRoamingUltimate Ground Crew X
3. Re-install download UGCX from your FS2Crew account (www.fs2crew.com)
4. Re-install UGCX.
5. Re-activate UGCX.
V1.3 Change Log
- Scenery indexing load times should optimized.
- Fixed the performance issue during when loading the scenery cache. This happened during landings and when opening the UGCX main menu.
- Fixed the PMDG 747/777 models long pushback issues.
- Fixed the nose wheel angle after pushback, so it’s always straight/centered
- Added the “Stop Pushback” option to the pushback sequence in case you want to stop before you hit something!
- Added the “Disable Tow Plane Commands” option for allow compatibility with gliders and WAMA.
- Added a warning to the log when loading and if the “Advanced Animations” option is disabled.
- Added the PMDG 747/777 models push method option so you can choose when you would like to use the “Braking” or “Toggle Pushback” method.
- Fixed issue where Config Manager would not install custom Logo on the Wollard Tug.
- Updated Airports database so US airports will use English even if UGCX menu set to non-English.
- Fixed volume control (if your sounds sound garbably, select a lower volume setting in the UGCX Audio menu).
- Added option to suppress use of MUTE buttons for users using UGCX Voice Control with FS2Crew Button Control at the same time.
- Other improvements.