Not letting Orbx release their Nice scenery first, FranceVFR have jumped ahead and released Azur Provence-Alpes-Cote for FSX and P3D.
Using 1 m/pixel and high definition mesh, Nice will be extremely detailed down to the last building. There’s going to be full autogen coverage, 3D objects and lots of VFR landmarks including lighthoues, ports and important monuments. This will be a fantastic package for people looking forward to flying around VFR within the Azur area.
It remains to be seen whether this will be compatible with the recently released Nice airport from JustSim, but fingers crossed it will work just fine.
The coverage area is incredible impressive:
You can buy it from FranceVFR’s store page NOW for around 35eur.
You can see the feature list below, which has been ‘Google Translated’ due to the product page only being in French!
- Textures floor 1 meter / pixel resolution from aerial photography IGN reworked for an optimal visual rendition in Flight Simulator X® (summer only).
- Mesh (relief) very high specific definition real 4.75 meters (LOD13).
- Lakes and rivers fully clipped with navigable water.
- Management transparency seabed on the entire scene.
- Airports and aerodromes including semi-detailed correction of the effects of “platform”.
- Obstacles and VFR landmarks modeled on the entire scene including the official database of the SIA (antennas, towers, water towers, wind turbines, various constructions).
- Hundreds of thousands of objects and notable buildings built environment (churches, power plants, silos, castles, industrial tanks, bridges, tolls, cranes, boats, lampposts, road signs).
- Integration of 3D technology for modeling Automation® multimillion-realistic buildings and vegetation zones and adapted to the region.
- extremely dense and realistic vegetation cover through optimized rendering controlled by artificial intelligence module (IA).
- Autogen buildings including specific additional 3D variants and optimized.
- Extremely precise geo-referenced for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.
- Process development 100% compliant with the specifications of Microsoft SDK, ensuring maximum compatibility with the arrival of new versions.
Editor’s note: Everyone here at FSElite are deeply saddened by the tragic events that took place in Nice earlier this week. As a community, we will continue to stay strong and unite together.