Developer France VFR has released their latest product Obstacles & VFR Landmarks V3 for X-Plane 11. The new product from FranceVFR compliments their other products in the region by adding over 500,000 obstacles and other VFR landmarks to explore within X-Plane 11. All of the newly added objects have been identified by the AIS (Aeronautical Information Service) meaning they are recognisable and can be regarded as navigational aids for pilots. Furthermore, the data has then be pulled out by the developer and geo-referenced for accuracy.
A range of new objects will be added to France with X-Plane 11 that include over 1000 radio and television antennas, 1,500 water towers, multiple churches and a range of nuclear power plants. Furthermore, over 7,500 windmills have been added, 23,000 castles and over 3,500 cable cars across the country.
You can buy France VFR Obstacles & VFR Landmarks V3 on X-Plane 11 from simMarket for €29.08. If you own previous versions of the product on either P3DV4 or FSX, you will be entitled to discount. Full details can be found on the product page at simMarket.
France VFR Obstacles & VFR Landmarks V3 Feature List:
- 1,000 radio and television antennas, telecommunications towers
- 1,000 microwave towers and telecom transmitters
- 200 cooling towers, smokestacks and flares
- 1,500 water towers
- 90 lighthouses
- 450 000 power towers with red/white markings in the vicinity of airports, representing virtually all High Voltage and Extra High Voltage networks
- 3,000 HV substations
- 7,500 windmills
- 65,000 churches, cathedrals, basilicas, chapels and religious buildings
- 55,000 agricultural greenhouse
- 23,000 castles
- 11,000 water towers
- 5,000 agricultural silos
- 12,000 industrial tanks
- 14,000 antennas
- 3,500 lifts/cable car