France VFR has released Basse Normandie VFR for P3D v4. This extensive VFR scenery package covers the lower region of Normandy in France. This area of Normandy spans over 17,000 km2 and is home to 1.4 million people in cities such as Caen and Cherbourg.
The Scenery features dedicated high definition mesh with ground textures crafted from IGN ariel photography. You can now also enjoy enhanced surroundings with fully modeled landmarks and obstacles. This is certainly a huge improvement over the default scenery and will provide an immersive experience for any VFR flight.
You can purchase Basse Normandie right now from simMarket for €29.08. This scenery is only compatible with P3d v4.
- Ground textures from 0.8 to 1.20 meter/pixel resolution from IGN aerial photography reworked for an optimal visual rendition in Prepar3D® (summer only).
- Dedicated mesh with high definition of 4.75 meters (LOD13).
- Lakes and rivers with navigable waters fitting the texture.
- Transparency management of the seabed on the entire scene.
- Semi-detailed generic airports including flatten platform correction.
- Obstacles and VFR landmarks modeled on the entire scene including the official SIA database (antennas, towers, water towers, wind turbines, various constructions …).
- Hundreds of thousands of objects and notable buildings integrated into the environment (churches, power plants, silos, castles, industrial tanks, bridges, tolls, cranes, boats, streetlights, road signs …).
Integration of 3D Automation® technology allowing multi-million buildings and realistic vegetation areas fitting geographic specs
- Extremely dense and optimized vegetation coverage using a custom rendering module controlled by artificial intelligence (AI).
- Autogen buildings including additional specific and optimized 3D variations.
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.
- Development process 100% Lockheed Martin® SDK specifications compliant, ensuring maximum compatibility with new releases.