In a post on their Facebook page, Flysimware has announced that they’ve updated their Learjet 35A to v4.0 for FSX/SE and Prepar3D.
Version 4.0 of the Learjet 35A brings along a surplus of changes, improvements, additions and more to improve your overall experience. Some of these changes include autopilot logic updates, gauge accuracy tweaks, bug fixes and more which can be viewed in the extensive changelog below.
Owners of this add-on can fetch the update over on the Flysimware store in their accounts. If not already, the update will soon be pushed out to other stores where the Learjet 35A can be purchased.
If you don’t already own Flysimware’s Learjet 35A, you can grab a hold of it on simMarket for a price of €36.87 (Excl. VAT) for FSX/SE and Prepar3D v1-4. If you already own the aircraft and are looking for a bit more immersion as featured in the screenshots in this article, you can check out OldProp’s Effects package for the Flysimware Learjet 35.
Edit: Thank you to SeaHawkGaming#0007 over on our Discord server for pointing out that Flysimware had silently released v4.1 and v4.1A.
- New autopilot panel with the real-world layout. Includes new buttons and new modes and lights for increased realism. For example, an LRN (Long Range Navigation) light now indicates GPS course capture on the NAV mode button as in the real a/c. A FNL (Final) light indicates when your setup for approach and under 1000 AGL.
- Developed a GPS Configuration tool that allows the user to configure the L35 panel with different GPS options from Flight1 and Reality XP (max of two GPS units plus the WX Radar) without having to reinstall the aircraft each time. You must own the Flight1 or Reality XP units to use them; a GNS530 by FSW is included with the Lear35.
- Improved Flight Director response time when the Flight Director is deselected (removed delay when FD arms retract.)
- Updated landing and taxi lights. Landing lights now better illuminate the runway starting from a height of about 100ft as viewed from the cockpit.
- Combined the Altitude Alerter and Altimeter gauges as will be required by the FAA starting in 2020.
- Updated cockpit lighting to improve the visibility of switches, etc.
- Updated electrical system with more accurate voltages and to better simulate HSI and Altimeter gauges dependency on electrical power.
- Fixed bug causing cabin pressure knob to get stuck.
- Fixed an inherent sim bug that allowed the RMI to incorrectly point towards a Localizer source.
- Updated Glide Slope capture code to better warn of Glide Slope deviations.
- Updated calibration of the AOA gauges for improved realism.
- Improved accuracy of the engine ITT gauges.
- Updated the flight dynamics.
- A number of minor updates such as adding sound to the No Smoking and Seatbelt switches, relocated the Avionics switch, removed some erroneous sounds, etc.
- New navigation, strobe and beacon lights resized for P3D.
- The P3D preview window will show the aircraft model at the correct alignment and size.
- Added missing cigarette lighter plug and audio jacks in the cabin for each station.
- Updated the Flight Manual.
- Ice detection light button and copilot light panel added to the copilot side wall. Ice detection light added on the fuselage and ice dot on the wing. Not simulated.
- Missing textures.
- Clock buttons now clickable.
- 2D popup panels fixed.